This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Autumn and Winter high Heels Boots Boots with fine Metal Decoration (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Gotta Flurt Hi Disco II Lace Up Top Sneaker
- Charter Club Womens Ginifur Open Toe Casual Platform Sandals
- PUMA Women's Muse Maia WN's Sneaker
- FLYSXP Spring and Autumn Women's shoes High Heels Female Thick with Pointed Wild Leather Deep Mouth Single shoes Women's Nest shoes Women's shoes (color Creamy-White, Size 34 EU)
- Top Moda Womens Beryl-1 Platform Wedge Fashion Sandals With Ankle Strap
- J Artola Men's Chuck Chukka Tan
- Clarks Women's Lillia Lola Low-Top Sneakers
- Women's Sports shoes Spring and Autumn Female shoes Multiple colors Available
- David Tate Bellissima Women's Sandal
- DINGJIE Snow Boots Men, Winter Outdoor Warm Non-slip High-top Casual Flat shoes
- SIKA Comfort Clogs Open Toe Cap Black Whether SRC
- GAOLIXIA Men's shoes Vintage Leather Spring Fall Light Soles Peas shoes Lazy shoes Comfort Sneakers Walking shoes for Casual Outdoor Brown Khaki
- ASICS Gel-Ds Trainer 20, Men's Running shoes
- New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Vongo v3 Running shoes Bright bluee Size 8.5 M US
- Black Grey Kamik Women's Snowvalley Boot
- CHENSF Women's Sexy Stiletto Round Toe Zipper Sequins High Heel Ankle Boots
- BalaMasa Womens Casual Solid Platform Urethane Pumps shoes APL10552
- KemeKiss Women Comfort Mid Block Heel Pull On Long Boots shoes
- Women's Ankle Boots Thick Heels Wedge Platform Winter Waterproof Casual shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that The Fix Women's Farrell Triangle-Cutout Square Toe Flat Dress Sandal, Black, 6 B US—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?