This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Fly-consciousness Spring Sandals Baotou PU Two-Layer Pigskin Daily Cool Boots (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Black Walnut Dove Magnet Cole Haan Men's Zerogrand Wing Ox Oxford
- Axd-Home Women shoes Pointed Toe Pumps Patent Leather Dress High Heels Wedding
- Report Womens Slone Flip Flop
- U-MAC Womens Rubber Sole Hook & Loop Sneakers Air Mesh Breathable Chunky Platform Comfort Slip-On Fitness shoes
- Maxstar C50 5-Holes Low-Top Platform Boat Sneakers shoes Suede Black US Women 8
- Cosyfeet Reggie Extra Roomy (3H Width) Men's Slippers
- MHGAO 2017 single shoes first layer of leather casual high-end fashion shoes leather men's shoes
- Oswin Hyde Dean Mens Leather Perforated shoes Tan
- La Sportiva Cobra ECO Climbing shoes
- VIC Women's Casual Canvas Slip-on Flat shoes, Espadrille Loafers Black
- Kiara shoes Women's Comfortable Clogs Brown Heel 8 + Plateau 2 cm with DHL - K5101-brown
- Beach Wedge Ladies Slipper Tie Fox Hair Hollow Non-Slip Summer Flip Flops
- GIY Women's Lace Up Pointed Toe Western Ankle Boots Fashion Block Heel Chelsea Booties Martin Short Boots
- City Classified Women's Closed Toe Elastic Open Side Low Heel Pull On Tab Ankle Bootie
- Style & Co Alabina Women US 7.5 Burgundy Mary Janes
- Adidas Men's ZX 8000 Boost shoes (Black) Sz. 11
- Sanita Womens Original Pro. Patent Wide Clog
- Nike Magista Onda IN Indoor Soccer shoes
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Tassel Zipper Handmade Ankle Boots
- ORTHOFEET 525 -Bismarck (11 Wide) Black
- Loeffler Randall Womens Juliette-ks Mary Jane Flat
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that AnMengXinLing Gladiator Heeled Sandals Women Ankle Strap Platform Buckle shoes Block High Heel Open Toe Party Dress Wedding Pumps—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?