This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Threeflower Bling Bling Women Slippers Summer Glitter Sandals Girls Wedges shoes Ladies Rhinestone Decorate Flip Flops (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- RHFDVGDS coarse with thick-soled booties Vintage Martin in autumn and winter boots high heels nude boots in England fashion Lady boots
- Women Boots Zipper Round Toe Knee-high Boots Square Low Heels Western Style Thigh High Riding Booties
- HCHBE& Spring colorful Sequins Thin Heels Pointed Toe Lady shoes Shallow Mouth Big Size
- J.Renee Women's Sascha Dress Pump, Red, 9 W US
- Reebok Royal Complete Clean shoes Kid's Casual
- Can't be satisfied Mens shoes Casual Slip On Formal shoes Men Loafers Moccasins Genuine Leather Driving shoes
- Aldo Women's Toogood Fashion Sneaker
- Palladium Unisex Adults' Lite+ Lc Txwp U Hi-Top Trainers, (Black 315), 8 UK
- Pikolinos Cambil Perforated Soft Leather Sneakers
- ZHRUI Men Loafers Genuine Leather Fashion Driving shoes Moccasin Boat shoes Causal Flats (color bluee, Size 8 UK)
- Easy Go Shopping Chelsea Boot For Man Ankle Boot Slip On OX Suede Leather Simple Pure color Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 5.5 UK)
- Nike SB Zoom Dunk Low PRO QS 'SOULLAND' - 918288-041
- Hhgold Men And Women Winter Warm Martin Boots (color 17, Size 37EU)
- Reebok Men's Driftium Running shoes, Vital bluee White Alloy, 7.5 M US
- BLACK Large Size shoes Small Size Women's shoes Women's Thick with Spring and Summer New OL Work shoes Pointed with Small Code Bridesmaid shoes Casual Small shoes (color Black, Size 33)
- Henraly Women Loafers Casual Flats shoes Round Toe Fashion Platform Loafer shoes Autumn Comfort White Women shoes 7D31
- COOLCEPT RizaBina Women Open Toe Sandals
- Smilice Women Trending Plus Size 30-48 EU Dressy High Heels Peep Toe Platform Sandals
- WeenFashion Women's Kitten Heels Solid Lace up Pointed Closed Toe Pumps-shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that PilotageAuto Winter Fur Slippers shoes Woman Soft Plush Warm Home Slippers Indoor Floor Fluffy Cotton shoes—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?