This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Fashion Brand Best Show Women's Mesh Breathable Light Weight Running shoes (5 B(M) US, White) (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Glass Nappa Stuart Weitzman Womens Teeny Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap Sandals
- Women Summer High Heel Sandals Transparent Ankle Strap Pumps Cover Heel Dancing shoes Sexy Party Wedding shoes
- Women's Slide Sandals Rabbit Flowers Flat Slippers Tassel Anti-Skid Open Toe Sandals
- RizaBina Women Buckle Strap Pumps
- TDA Women's Pointed Toe Fish Scale Print PU Leatehr Evening Party Dress Stiletto shoes
- KEREE Womens Wedge Platform Oxfords Loafers shoes Comfort Casual Slip on High Heel Loafer shoes
- INMONARCH Mens Olive Drab Checks Wedding Mojari MJ015846
- Men's Business Oxford Casual Classic Rustproof Metal Buckle Decoration Faux Fleece Inside Slip on Leisure Big Size shoes Cricket shoes
- Black Men's Fashion Moccasins Wave Sole Soft & Super Light Slip On Driving Loafer
- Sandals Mens Summer Comfortable Ladies Unisex Aqua Water shoes Quick Drying Barefoot Sneakers
- Kenneth Cole REACTION 2 Cake Shop Denim Wedge Sandal
- BCBGeneration Treasure Women US 9.5 Red Heels
- Webb Perkin Women Autumn Winter Boot Credver Strap High Heel Round Head Comfortable Boots Lady Over Knee Thigh Boot
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Ankle Strap Handmade D'orsay Dress Pump
- MAYPIE Womens Toasham Leather Pull-on Over-The-Knee Boots
- Mens Canvas shoes Penny Slip On Loafers Flat Deck Boat shoes for Driving Walking
- MUMUWU Ankle Boots for Men High Top Casual Classic Durable PU Leather Upper Lace up Fashion shoes
- KAANAS Womens Malta Open Toe Low Heel City Slide Sandal shoes Heeled Sandal
- Dr. Brinkmann Womens-Sandale black 710823-1
- Dunham Men's Black Litchfield 7.5 4E US
- Skechers Performance Go Walk 2 Bind Slip-on Walking shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Women Pumps Black High Heels 7.5cm Lady Patent Leather Thick with Autumn Pointed Single shoes—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?