This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Guess What Day It Is Hump Day High Top Classic Casual Canvas Fashion shoes Sneakers For Women & Men (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- - .Hogan Men Olympia Sneakers blue 8.5 UK
- KSC Womens Platform Sandals Weaved Strappy High Wedge shoes Beige
- Easy Spirit Womens Traveltim278 Mule
- ZHAO YELONG Women's Wedge Sandals Rhinestone Flower Round Fashion Summer shoes
- Sam Carle Womens Pumps，Open Toe High Thin Heel Breathable Black Silver Wedding Party shoes
- GATUXUS Open Toe Women Platform High Heel shoes Pump for Party
- Josef Seibel Men's Milo 03 Low-Top Trainer
- Camel active Bowl 16, Men’s Hi-Top Sneakers
- Mazarine Personality Driving shoes Men's Penny shoes fashion classic casual comfort Drive Loafers Casual Bows Are Breathable And Comfortable Boat Moccasins Four Seasons Driving shoes
- Eclimb Women's Tassel Faux Suede Moccasin Mid-Calf Knee High Boots
- Mens Sandals, Women and Men's Outdoor Walking Clogs Sandals Hollow Vamp Water shoes up to Size 10MUS (color Green, Size 7.5MUS)
- SANDIP MIKEY Women Sandals Open Toe shoes Dating Women shoes Summer Sexy Super High Heel Platform Footwear Party shoes
- Btrada Women's Sexy Pointed Pumps High Heel Sandals Closed Toe Ladies Fashion Dress Stiletto Wedding shoes
- Alrisco Women Leatherette Buckle Round Toe Riding Boot AF44
- Azura by Spring Step Women's Quappa Riding Boot, Black, 41 EU 9.5-10 M US
- INMONARCH Mens Beige Brocade Indian Wedding shoes MJ0159
- Nicholas Deakins Botang Desert Mens shoes
- FASHION BOOTS Ms Fall Occupational shoes Leather shoes
- T-JULY Autumn Winter Women's Over The Knee Boots Suede Stretchy Zipper Thigh High Heels Stilettos
- Allen Edmonds Men's Nashua Moccasin,Black Grain Brown,10 D US
- Cotswold Unisex Ragley Waterproof Wellington Boots
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Bad Day Lipstick High Top Classic Casual Canvas Fashion shoes Sneakers For Women & Men—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?