This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s IDIFU Women's Fashion Pointy Toe Slides On Mules with Kitten Heels (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Nike AIR MAX 270 Flyknit - AO1023-004
- Nike Air Max Premiere TB Mens Basketball shoes 689567 606
- VOILE whiteHE Women's 201317801 Bronze Leather Sneakers
- Easy Go Shopping Oxford shoes for Men PU Leather Breathable Business Dress Wedding Loafers Two Tones Anti-Slip Flat Lace Up Round Toe Cricket shoes
- Easy Go Shopping Driving Loafer for Men Boat Moccasins Slip On Style Pigskin Leather Fashion Bowknot Pure colors Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 8.5 UK)
- Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor Hi Top Canvas shoes
- Berkemann High Heel Sandals Hassel white Calf Leather Softfootbed Middle
- Low Top-bluee WateLves Mens Womens Snow Boots Winter Anti-Slip Ankle Booties Outdoor Slippers Slip On with Warm Fully Fur Lined
- Skechers Men's Side Street Arkline White 7 D US
- Women Sandals Platform Square High Heel Pu Leather Buckle Square High Heel Sexy Pumps
- 1TO9 Girls Sequin European Style Apricot Soft Material Sandals - 9 B(M) US
- Kappa - Bright Mid Light
- Unm Women's Round Toe Wedge Sneakers - Lace up Platform Thick Sole - Casual Bling Sequin Mid Heel
- T-JULY Women's Fashion Bowknot Flat Loafers Square Toe Pumps Slip-on Dress Comfy Leisure Lazy shoes
- BF Sole Women's Trim Comfort Slip On Flat shoes
- Women's Summer Flip Flops Slip On Flat Sandals shoes - Ivy
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that DecoStain Womens Patent PU Leather Penny Loafers Flat Low Heel Fringe Tassel Work School shoes—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?