This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s CHALi99 Fashion Womens Lightweight Mesh shoes Lemon Tropical Fruit Yellow Sneakers Running Shock Absorbing (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Pleaser Women's Stardust-701 C GCH Sandal
- INC International Concepts Womens Vernaa Peep Toe Classic, Natural, Size 7.5
- WHW Women's Summer Leatherette Outdoor Casual Chunky Heel Crystal Sandals
- Skechers Men's Flex Reform Intrains Slip-On Low Top Sneaker shoes Navy bluee 52829 NVY
- Giles Jones Oxford shoes for Men - Soft Sole Round Toe Lace Up Breathable Dress shoes Brown
- BC Footwear Womens Take Me Away Pointed Toe Flat
- Aldo Mens Gien Black Leather 41 (US Men's 8) D - Medium
- Via Spiga Womens Maxine Bootie Ankle Bootie
- Munich Unisex Continental Kid V2 896 Fitness shoes
- Shukun Men's boots Autumn Men'S Casual Boots Martin Boots Tooling shoes Sports Field Training Military Boots Men'S High Canvas Boots
- Reebok Crossfit Nano Pump Trainers
- YAYADI Sports shoes Men Trend Fashion Wear Laces Running shoes Soft Leather Comfortable Sneakers
- Black Off White Lacoste Womens Sideline Sneaker
- NIUMJ Men's Youth Business Casual British Lazy Outdoor Driving shoes
- Threadrock Big Girls' Gymnast Typography Design Youth T-Shirt_ Clothing_Files Fashion Athletic shoes Breathable Mesh Plate shoes
- Crocs Women's Isabella Jelly II Ballet Flat
- ADIDII Womens Printed Non-Slip Slippers Slides flip Flop Sandals La_Bron_Yellow_Logo_Basketball Summer Casual
- Advocator Women's Personalized Walking Sneaker Casual Wedges Platform shoes Rocker shoes
- HUANGDAISY shoes Elephants Pattern Slip-on Canvas Loafer for Women
- WeiPoot Women's Blend Materials Solid Closed-Toe Boots with Thread and Rivet
- Adidas Womens Questar Cc W Running shoes Running shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that CHALi99 Casual Womens Lightweight Mesh shoes colord Tropical Coconut Palm Leaves Sneakers Running Lace-Up—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?