This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s MetY Women Classic Tie Driver Moccasins Boat shoes Slip On Flats Loafers (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- - Adidas NMD_Racer PK - B37639
- IDIFU Women's Elegant Square Toe Lace up Mid Chunky Heel Ankle High Booties
- Imagine Vince Camuto Womens Lilo Wedge Sandal
- Reebok Men's's Sprint Tr Fitness shoes
- Snfgoij Work Boots Mens Steel Toe Cap Waterproof Trainers shoes Leather Boots Autumn and Winter Martin Boots Leisure High-top
- Quiksilver Men's Shorebreak Deluxe Sneaker
- Saucony Men's Jazz Original Vintage Low-Top Sneakers
- Merrell Moab 2 Mid Tactical Waterproof Boot Wide Men's
- AIYOUMEI Women's Fashion Pointed Toe Suede Kitten Heel with Rhinestones Comfortable and Breathable Pumps shoes
- TOGIC Elegant Comfortable Women's Trendy Cute Round Toe Low Cut Dress Slip On Heels Chunky Mid Heeled Pumps Wear to Work Office shoes with Bows
- AmoonyFashion Women's High-Heels Frosted Solid Buckle Round Closed Toe Pumps-shoes
- Happy Thanksgiving Day with Lemon Turkey Womens Lace up Sneakers shoes Canvas Upper
- Show Story Woman Black Grey Floral Print Cut-Out Ankle Strap Wedge Platform Sandals,LF38828
- Beautiful Bird Feathers Canvas Sneakers Women
- Nine West Women's Townhall Suede Moccasin
- Roper 8 Chunk Boot
- Adidas Womens Pure Boost X TR 2.0 Cross Trainers
- Manitu Home Damen-Pantolette grey (9)
- Red Tape Rydal Mens shoes Brown
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that KRWTY Women's Casual Rhinestone Low Heel Flat Pointed Toe Ladise shoes—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?