This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Cynthia Vincent Women's Palma Pump (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Gotta Flurt Hi Disco II Lace Up Top Sneaker
- Charter Club Womens Ginifur Open Toe Casual Platform Sandals
- PUMA Women's Muse Maia WN's Sneaker
- FLYSXP Spring and Autumn Women's shoes High Heels Female Thick with Pointed Wild Leather Deep Mouth Single shoes Women's Nest shoes Women's shoes (color Creamy-White, Size 34 EU)
- Top Moda Womens Beryl-1 Platform Wedge Fashion Sandals With Ankle Strap
- J Artola Men's Chuck Chukka Tan
- Clarks Women's Lillia Lola Low-Top Sneakers
- Women's Sports shoes Spring and Autumn Female shoes Multiple colors Available
- Women's Pikolinos, Gandia 8492531 Low Heel Pumps BRANDY 3.9 M
- WLFHM Men's Business shoes Dress Men's shoes
- Es Sal 23 shoes - Tan
- Adidas Men shoes Duramo 9 Core Training FitnessTrainers Road Running New Black Black White
- Columbia Men's Davenport PDX Waterproof Black Dark Fog Boot
- Adidas Originals Tubular Invader Strap Men's Sneaker Black BB1169, Size 45 1 3
- Brown6 Susanny Women's Mid Calf Leather Boots High Heel Lace Up Military Buckle Motorcycle Cowboy Ankle Booties
- CHENSF Women's Fashion Zipper Ankle High Booties
- Mesinsefra Women's Ankle Strap Stiletto Heel Platform High Heel Dress Heel Party Pumps
- Unisex Indoor Cotton Slippers,Comfort Simple Suede Coral Fleece Autumn Winter Keep Warm Anti-Slip Home shoes
- 10 cm Thin Heels Ankle wrap shoes Woman Sandalias Sexy Sandals Cosplay Pumps Drop Shipping
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Rseobl Cow Suede Leather Women Flats Oxford shoes Spring Ladies Sneakers Loafers Casual shoes Plus Size Autumn Boat shoes—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?