This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Raw Pink Coffee pink Core Black adidas Women's UltraBOOST Running shoes (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Sam Edelman Women's Rodney Ballet Flat
- CHENXD shoes, Middle Age Old Men's Low Heel Cotton-Padded Frenulum Commercial Leather shoes
- W&P Men's spring and autumn air cushioning anti-skid surface travel and leisure running shoes
- Isola Womens - Isanti Stone
- Men's Boots, High-top shoes Booties Leather Martin Boots England High to Help Retro Boots High Help Plus Velvet Hiking shoes Tooling Boot Walking Boot High-Top Desert Boot Large Size XUE
- MedzRE Men's Winter Leather Ankle Boots with Side Zipper
- Adidas Women's Energy Cloud V shoes (US 10.5, Core Black)
- Adidas Men's Cloudfoam Race Fitness shoes
- Zxcvb Men's Couples Mesh Basketball shoes Autumn Non-slip Sports Casual shoes Unisex Running shoes Athletic Competition Fitness Sneakers (color F, Size 42)
- Vans Unisex Adults’ Old Skool Pro
- Josef Seibel Schuhe Ruben 17
- black Giardini Men’s Camo colorado Loafers
- Charcoal Grey MBT shoes Men's Kheri 6S Lace Up Casual shoes Leather lace-up
- Viane beaute Women's Summer Sandals Gladiator High Heels Stilettos Pumps shoes Ankle Boots Black
- Xiaoyang Fasion Women Canvas Sneakers Punk Flat shoes Knee High Lace up shoes
- Nine West Women's inch Suede Flat Sandal
- Women 6.5cm Chunkly Heel Square Toe Slingback Ankle Strap Sandals Dress shoes Casual Solid Roma shoes Court shoes Eu Size 34-40
- Dahanyi Stylish New Flock Pointed Toe High Heels Ankle Boots Women Square Heel Boots Black bluee Women Autumn Soild color Short Boots
- Owaheson Cushioning Sneaker Trail Running shoes Mens Womens Nova Scotia Flag
- Alfani Womens Aidaa Leather Closed Toe Loafers
- AIWEIYi Womens Open Toe Stilettos High Heel Ankle Strap Dress Sandal gold
- CCBubble Women High Heels Genuine Leather Women Boots Pointed Toe Zipper Back Women Ankle Boots shoes
- T-JULY Women High Heels Boots Platform Thick Fur shoes Women Winter Thigh High Boots Fashion shoes Size 34-43
- Reebok Womens Cl Renaissance Ice Fashion Sneaker
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Black Cashmere Walking Cradles Women's Jessica—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?