This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Midnight Taryn pink Womens Kaori Slide Sandal (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Black Thick Plush T-JULY Women's Fashion Knee High Boots Winter shoes Black Side Zipper Warm Fur Wedge Platform Half Quality shoes
- JKFESX New Women's shoes and Sandals 2009 Summer Korean Version Fashion Women's shoes Baitao
- GIANLUCA - L'ARTIGIANO DEL CUOIO Women's 1280BROWN Brown Leather Sandals
- Versace Jeans Men's Thong Sandals White bluee
- Adidas Men's Jumpstar Track & Field shoes
- Easy Go Shopping Athletic Sneaker for Men Sports shoes Casual Simple Lace Up Mesh Fabric Hook&Look Strap Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 8 UK)
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star WP shoes
- Adidas Pureboost shoes - Men's Running
- Simple Pattern Slippers Quick-Drying Non-Slip Slippers for Womens
- Circus by Sam Edelman Women's Joelle
- MeMoi Adela Mule Slipper Women's Hard Sole Luxury Slippers
- Aerosoles Womens Crash Pad Mule
- 1TO9 Womens Chunky Heels Platform Square Heels Urethane Boots MNS03235
- KOLHAPURI CHAPPAL Original Overwhelming Seven Braids Seaweed Flat Heel for Women Slipper Sandal
- GIY Women's Waterproof Hiking Boots High-top Outdoor Running Hiker Anti-Slip Casual Trail Climbing shoes
- Qupid FK62 Women Faux Suede Perforated Chunky Heel Ankle Bootie - Whiskey
- AmoonyFashion Women's Zipper High-Heels Pu Solid Low-Top Boots, BUSXT115073
- International Dance shoes Women's Hanna Heels
- AdeeSu Womens Fashion Comfort Urethane Boots SXC01963
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that - DOSOMI Women's Flock Scrub Sexy Zipper Over The Knee Pullon Boot - Trendy High Square Heel shoes—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?