This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Blonde Pu Cambridge Select Women's Pointed Toe Western Stitched Stacked Heel Cowboy Boot (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- RHFDVGDS coarse with thick-soled booties Vintage Martin in autumn and winter boots high heels nude boots in England fashion Lady boots
- Women Boots Zipper Round Toe Knee-high Boots Square Low Heels Western Style Thigh High Riding Booties
- HCHBE& Spring colorful Sequins Thin Heels Pointed Toe Lady shoes Shallow Mouth Big Size
- J.Renee Women's Sascha Dress Pump, Red, 9 W US
- Reebok Royal Complete Clean shoes Kid's Casual
- Can't be satisfied Mens shoes Casual Slip On Formal shoes Men Loafers Moccasins Genuine Leather Driving shoes
- Aldo Women's Toogood Fashion Sneaker
- Palladium Unisex Adults' Lite+ Lc Txwp U Hi-Top Trainers, (Black 315), 8 UK
- GIOSELIN Women's FLATSTUDSBLK Black Polyester Slip On Sneakers
- YAYADI Trend shoes Men Running shoes Lightweight Sports shoes Summer Breathable Jogging Sneakers For Man Outdoor Flat Walking
- Nike Tanjun SE Women's Style
- Stacy Adams Men's Wally Moc Toe Lace-up Chukka Boot Sneaker,
- Salming shoes 91 handball goalie black gecko
- Men's Fashion Business Oxfords Casual Round Toe Fleece Lined Wear-Resistant Outdoor Leisure Big Size shoes Cricket shoes (color Darkbrown, Size 10 UK)
- Black Multi Nine West Womens Zingy
- Evierup Pointed high Heels Women's Single shoes Korean Fashion
- LIURUIJIA Women's Round Topline with Unique Handmade Flower Leather shoes DX7-0309
- Wallhewb Caopixx Women Flat shoes Open Toe Buckle Strap Sandals Roman Casual Summer Beach Sandals Highten Increasing Comfortable Joker Leg Length Elegant Soft Skinny gold US 8.5 shoes
- Tassel High Heel Women Thin shoes Fluff Low-cut Wedding shoes Plus Size red 39
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that - Adidas Continental 80 - B41675—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?