This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Alabaster Naturalizer Women's GIO Sandal (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- gold black Stuart Weitzman Women's Nearlynude Heeled Sandal
- POLERO Women Running Sneakers Casual Breathable Comfortable Running Walking shoes Ladies Simple Print Mixed colors Road Running shoes
- Inlefen Female Rubber Sole Pointed Toe Front Strappy Large Size Heeled Sandals
- You May All Go To Hell Fashion Canvas Sneakers For Womns 3D Printed Low Top shoes
- Micca Bacain Brand shoes 10 12CM Heels Women shoes Pumps Stiletto Neon Sexy Party High Heels shoes
- Kalra Creations Men's Traditional Leather with Embroidery Indian Groom shoes
- JUJIANFU-shoes Casual Oxford for Men Lace up Style Microfiber Leather Strong Antislip Stave Toes Walk shoes
- Easy Go Shopping Men's shoes Casual shoes Breathable Men's Sandals Cricket shoes (color golden brown, Size 40)
- Frau shoes men Sneakers in Camoscio Beige 28C2
- Madden girl Women's Stacii Bow Pump
- AllhqFashion Women's Round Closed Toe Low Top High Heels Solid Pu Boots
- T-JULY Women Fashion Mesh Breathable Casual shoes Ladies Wedges Platform Sneakers
- Good-memories Size 31-42 Quality Women Real Genuine Leather High Heel Sandals Square Toe Thick Heel Sandals Summer Daily Women shoes
- Ladies Fashion Thick Heels with High Heels Cross Straps in The Tube Sandals Fish Mouth shoes (color B, Size 37)
- HAVINA Womens Warm Snow Boots Outdoor Fur Lining Winter shoes Anti-Slip Lightweight Ankle Bootie
- Diesel Womens Danny S-Danny Mc W Metallic - Sneaker Mid Sneaker
- Hush Puppies Men's Bob Portland Slip-On Loafer
- Brinley Co Womens Onyx Faux Suede Comfort Sole Sweetheart Toe Dual Buckle Heels
- Padders Plus Women's Caitlin Trainers
- Dunham Mens Royalton Chukka Chukka Boot
- Badgley Mischka Womens Leane Espadrille Wedge Sandal
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Cognac Aldo Women's Villapink Heeled Sandal—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?