This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Pink Label Women's Patent Leather Slingback Strap with Big Bow at Vamp Flat Sandal (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Sam Edelman Women's Rodney Ballet Flat
- CHENXD shoes, Middle Age Old Men's Low Heel Cotton-Padded Frenulum Commercial Leather shoes
- W&P Men's spring and autumn air cushioning anti-skid surface travel and leisure running shoes
- Isola Womens - Isanti Stone
- Men's Boots, High-top shoes Booties Leather Martin Boots England High to Help Retro Boots High Help Plus Velvet Hiking shoes Tooling Boot Walking Boot High-Top Desert Boot Large Size XUE
- MedzRE Men's Winter Leather Ankle Boots with Side Zipper
- Adidas Women's Energy Cloud V shoes (US 10.5, Core Black)
- Adidas Men's Cloudfoam Race Fitness shoes
- Zxcvb Men's Couples Mesh Basketball shoes Autumn Non-slip Sports Casual shoes Unisex Running shoes Athletic Competition Fitness Sneakers (color F, Size 42)
- Vans Unisex Adults’ Old Skool Pro
- ES Men Accel Slim Plus Grey Black White shoes Size
- Georgia GB00085 Mid Calf Boot
- Sand Sam Edelman Women's Halston Pump
- YuJi Genuine Leather Sandals shoes Women Flower Flat Sandals Plus Size Real Leather shoes
- TAOFFEN Women's Block Heels Court shoes
- JOURNEI Double Buckle Flat Sandals Slides for Women Girls's Slippers
- Cashmere Short Snow Boot Slipper Cozy Plush Fleece Ankle Bootie Lightweight Anti-Skid shoes Warm Flat Moccasins Thick Soft Slip On Footwear for House Home Winter Indoor Outdoor Ladies Girls Women
- Efbj Cute Shark Print Unisex Unique High Top Sneakers shoes for Men and Women
- SENERY Womens Patchwork Sneakers Round Toe Ankle Boots Fashion Winter Warm Lace-Up Canvas Booties
- Clarks Womens Lexi Bridge Platform & Wedge Sandals
- IWlxz Women's shoes PU(Polyurethane) Summer Slingback Sandals Stiletto Heel Open Toe Light bluee Light Green Nude
- Women Patent Leather Wedges Sneakers Casual Lace-Up Basket Comfortable Platform Trainers Walking shoes
- Women's Boots, Thick high Heels, Pointed shoes, and Winter, Suede Straps in The Boots
- Women's Martin Boots Matte Leather Thick with Round Head lace up Short Boots Flat with Fashion Casual shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Montana West Beaded TQ Cross Wedge Flips Flops, Black TQSizes 6-11—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?