This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s QPGGP-Slippers Winter Cotton Slippers and Indoor and Outdoor Couples with A Pair of Slippery, Warm and Thick Home. (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Summer Gladiator High Heels Peep Toe Casual shoes Woman Platform Sandals F245
- TG By KSC Womens Ankle Boots Rounded Toe Combat Casual Comfort shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Pu Open-Toe Low-Heels Lace-up Solid Sandals
- Ladies Waterproof Snow Boots, Winter Warm Magic Stickers Casual shoes
- WeiPoot Women's Low-Top Assorted color Lace-up Round Closed Toe Kitten-Heels Boots
- White Sneakers Women Vulcanized shoes Ladies Platform Fashion Breathable Casual Lace Up shoes
- GIY Women Open Toe Wedge Platform Sandals Summer Beach Slip on High Heels Sandals Slide shoes
- Rieker Womens Zip Boots Black
- Kirabon Women's High-Heeled Sandals Wood Grain Thick with Sandals Fashion Wild High-Heeled shoes (color Brown, Size 39)
- Women's Long Boots Fall Winter Knee Knight Boots Ladies Zipper High Boots Leather Mid-Calf Thick Heel Women's Biker Boots (color Brown, Size 36)
- Easy Works Womens Kris Health Care Professional shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Robert Westbrook Butterfly Wings Women High Heels Bowtie Summer shoes Sandals Woman Pointed Toe Ankle Strap shoes Pumps—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?