This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Nopersonality Women's Walking shoes Skull Lace up Lightweight Sneakers Go Walk (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- World of Clogs Toffeln Ultralite 0699 Nurses Clogs - Black
- Leopard Print Bowknot Elegant Soft Ballet shoes Roll Up shoes Travel To Carry Can Foldable Pregnant Women Flat shoes ( color Brown , Size 38 )
- HOKA ONE ONE Women's Clifton 4
- Merrell Men's Jungle Moc shoes
- Mesh breathable running shoes Casual sport shoes Men's casual running shoes
- Yosi Samra Women's Samara-Ms Ballet Flat
- Men's Leather shoes Lace Up Fashion Ankle Boots Pointed Business High-top Dress shoes Winter British Boots Keep Warm Boots Black Party & Evening YAN (color Black, Size 37)
- Donald J Pliner Mens Rand Leather Lace-Up Fashion Sneakers
- ASICS Unisex Adults Gel-atlanis H63rq-9011 Low-Top Sneakers
- ETYGYH Men'S Basketball shoes, Autumn and Winter Couple Models Shock Absorption Anti-Skid High-Top Sneakers Breathable Wear Training Running shoes,Black,42
- SALOMON Men's Xa Elevate Trail Running shoes
- Giorgio Rea Men Classic Car shoes Elegant Red Slipper Mocassins Handmade shoes Made in Genuine Calfskin Real Leather Oxfords Richelieu Brogue Gentlemen
- Black Girls Boys Winter Snow Boots Fur Lined Warm shoes Outdoor Waterproof Booties for Women Lightweight Sneaker
- ARIAT Men's Workhog Xt Waterproof Work Boot
- Anxinke Men Round Toe Lace-up PU Leather Flat Ankle Boots
- Attractive Women Fish Turtle Jellyfish Crab Slip on Beach Sandals and Anti-Slip Shower Slipper Comfort Sandals
- Artfaerie Womens Lace Up Heeled Ankle Boots Stiletto Platform Booties Zip Up Ladies Faux Fur Boots
- AdeeSu Womens Dress Non-Marking Toggle Urethane Sandals SLC03774
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Cartoon Fox Bird Leaf Berry Floral Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Stars and Stripes Bald Eagle Seal
- FINDYOU Patent Leather Women Pumps Spring shoes T-Strap Pointed Wedding Pumps Sexy Cut Outs Thick Heel Dress Party shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Dormery 2018 Spring Autumn Women Fashion Sneakers Comfortabel Lady Casual shoes PU Leather Platform Female shoes—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?