This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Baixa Hot Crystal Flats Ballet Floral Flat shoes Rhinestone Women Spring Autumn Flower Pointed Toe golden shoes Loafers C228 (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Black Thick Plush T-JULY Women's Fashion Knee High Boots Winter shoes Black Side Zipper Warm Fur Wedge Platform Half Quality shoes
- JKFESX New Women's shoes and Sandals 2009 Summer Korean Version Fashion Women's shoes Baitao
- GIANLUCA - L'ARTIGIANO DEL CUOIO Women's 1280BROWN Brown Leather Sandals
- Versace Jeans Men's Thong Sandals White bluee
- Adidas Men's Jumpstar Track & Field shoes
- Easy Go Shopping Athletic Sneaker for Men Sports shoes Casual Simple Lace Up Mesh Fabric Hook&Look Strap Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 8 UK)
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star WP shoes
- Adidas Pureboost shoes - Men's Running
- BalaMasa Womens Charms Solid Business Urethane Pumps shoes APL10447
- GUESS Women's Calene Over The Knee Boot
- 1TO9 Womens Non-Marking Dress High-Heel Urethane Sandals MJS03252
- Fancyww Women Motorcycle High Heels Punk Buckle Rivet Strap Combat Military Mid Calf Boots
- F1rst Rate Womens Knee High Boots High Tube Boots Flat Riding Boots Fashion Winter Warm
- T-JULY Women's Rhinestone Flowers Sparkle Glitter Heels Slides Sandals Bling Slip on Dress Mules Clogs Pumps shoes
- JOYBI Women Warm Round Toe Snow Boots Fur Lined Anti-Slip Height Increasing Winter Platform Mid Calf Boots
- Btrada Women Fashion Sport Sneakers,Soft Walking shoes,Casual Lace-up Loafers,Comfortable Wedges Platforms
- ECCO Women's Women's Skyler 45 Wedge Slip on Pump
- Alfani Womens Viiva Open Toe Casual Platform Sandals, New Navy, Size 6.0
- Aldo Men's TORPHIN Ankle Boot
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Tirahse Sweet Women's Lace up Fashion Patent Leather Comfort Low Heel Oxfords shoes—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?