This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s ZXCVB& Big Size 43 Elegant Date Ankle-Strap Women shoes Fashion High Heels Summer Sandals Woman Pink 9 (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Hoxekle Keep Warm shoes Over The Knee Boots Women Flat Platform Long Boots Fashion Tassel Winter Snow Boots
- Great Northern Soft & Cozy Bootie Slippers Faux Suede Faux Fur Tan
- Bernie Mev Womens Fame Wedge Sandal
- Kiwi shoes Passion Heel Liner - Pack of 6
- Husqvarna 544027942 Rubber Loggers Boots, US Size 10 European Size 43
- Lucchese Bootmaker Womens Amberlyn Western Boot
- Nike Free RN CMTR Mens Running Trainers 831510 Sneakers shoes
- UCNHD Hiking shoes Autumn Mesh Outdoor Athletic Sport shoes Men Running shoes Jogging Comfort Men Sneakers
- Fuxitoggo Men Breathable Casual Lace up shoes Large Size Round Toe Hollow out Comfortable Derb (color Brown, Size UK 6.5)
- Dr. Martens 3- Eye Lace shoes (jnr)
- Adidas Mens Hoops Mid Hi Tops
- New Balance MS574GNC Sneaker Man Grey 45
- Barely Grey Oil Grey - Hot Punch Nike Women’s WMNS Zoom Fly Trainers
- Le Clare - Nuvola Tinta Unita - Boiled Wool Slippers with Removable Insoles for Women
- SOOKi Women's Flat Sandals Flower Bud shoes Bohemian Summer Beach T-Strap Flip-Flops Thong Sandals, Black,35EU5US2.5UK
- SUNNY Store Women T-Strap Pointed Toe High Heel Evening Party Dance Wedding shoes
- Awesome ELTjbEN21227gvMaB hudson kim Defender Tpu Hard Case Cover For Galaxy S4- Bmw M5 25
- Theatricals Adult 2 Heel Character shoes T3200
- High Ivory Wedge Bridal Flip Flop Sandal with Peacock Feathers and Crystal Medallion
- Rongzhi Womens Ankle Boots Shiny Floral Pointed Toe Pumps Stiletto High Heels Party Booties Prom Dress
- T-JULY Women Wedges Med Heels Woman Linen Floral Embroidered Slides Slippers Summer Ladies Casual Comfort Cotton shoes
- T-JULY Women's Sandals Peep Toe Glitter High Heels Fashion Summer Breathable Ladies Wedding Party Outdoor shoes
- DRKA Women Athletic Mesh Walking shoes, Lightweight Breathable Slip-on Sneakers
- Clorts Men's Outdoor Suede Leather Waterproof Hiking shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Nerefy Summer Sandals Women Fashion Beading Flip Flops Platform Flats shoes Woman Size 35-40—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?