This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s CUTEHEELS Sexy Pumps with Pointed Toe and Stiletto Dressy Heels for Wedding Parties (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- Black Soft Vintage Leather Frye Women's Veronica Short Boot
- DNJKSA Muffin Thick-Soled Sandals 2019 New Summer Diamond Women's Fashion Toe Sandals
- FizaiZifai Women Block Heel Pumps Office
- Boxfresh Men's Stern ICN WXD CNVS SDE Gry Wht Trainers
- Grafters 'COVER' Non Metal Lightweight Combat Boot
- KEEN Men's Targhee Lace Boot High Rise Hiking shoes
- Adidas Men shoes Questar Ride Running Training Fitness Fashion F34978 Trainers
- Dr. Martens Men's Women's 8761 Boot
- Matari Women's Girls Lace Up Mesh Breathable Light Weight Running shoes
- Happy& Shopping High Heels Sandals Summer Sexy Open Toe Party Dress Platform Gladiator Women shoes
- Capezio Women's 551 Leather Jr. Footlight Character shoes
- Drew Toby Women Pumps Metal Carved Wedding Bridal Pointed Toe Shallow Elegant High Heels
- ERSER Wisteria Artificial Flowers Purple Womens Trail Running shoes
- Women's Sandals, Sweet Bohemian Flowers Rhinestone Flats Open Toe Non-Slip Breathable Lining Women's Sandals,Pink,37
- AllhqFashion Women's Low-Heels PU Solid Lace-Up Pumps-shoes, FBUDD010852
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointy Toe Wedge Heel Rhinestones Handmade Sexy Pumps
- Pleaser Women's Delight-3017 Knee-High Boot
- Minnetonka Men's Leather Laced Softsole Moccasin
- Goodtimeshow Autumn Winter Warm Fur Ankle Chelsea Boots Men shoes Male Business Casual Genuine Leather Boot
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that AicciAizzi Women High Heel Sandals—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?